Last Updated: September 1, 2023
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement periodically. It is your responsibility to review this User Agreement to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications signifies your acknowledgment and acceptance of the modified terms.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By accessing our website’s Resources, you agree to use them only as permitted by this User Agreement and by applicable laws, regulations, and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
You specifically understand:
1. In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
2. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
3. Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
4. Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
5. Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
6. You are solely responsible for any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
7. We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
7.1. Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, discriminatory, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
7.2. Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
7.3. Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
7.4. Impersonates any person or entity, including any Flare Events Inc. employees or representatives.
8. We have the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any content that we feel does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
10. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Flare Events Inc. and its affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Bad Actor Policy
Flare Events Inc. holds our daters responsible for their behaviour while in association with us and our events. We reserve the right to bar daters from attending future events and engaging in our services should they be found in violation of, but not limited to, the following terms:
1. Any dater who fails to arrive at an event on time or within a reasonable delay from the listed start time, may be refused entrance.
1.1. Specifically, a dater that arrives 20 or more minutes late without providing adequate notice may be refused entrance to the event and their tickets will be considered redeemed.
1.2. Furthermore, any daters who fail to attend an event without providing reasonable notice prior to the start time will receive a strike on their profile.
1.3. After 2 strikes daters will be disallowed from attending any of our future events.
2. Any dater choosing to leave an event prematurely, without valid reason, may be disallowed from attending future events.
3. Any dater that demonstrates abusive behaviour to our staff or to other daters will be asked to leave immediately, and will be barred from future attendance at events and future use of Flare Events Inc. services.
In all cases, active tickets will be considered redeemed, and non-refundable. Flare Events Inc. will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a violation, and reserves the right to enforce this policy as it sees fit.
At Flare Events Inc., we take pride in the quality and value of the services we offer. As such, it is important for our customers to understand our stance on refunds.
1. Under typical circumstances, Flare Events Inc. does not provide refunds for services rendered. When you purchase a service from us, you acknowledge and agree that you are making an informed decision and are not eligible for a refund upon a change of mind or dissatisfaction.
2. We recognize that exceptions might occur. For example, in the unlikely event of a significant disruption or cancellation of an event caused solely by our actions or omissions, we may, at our sole discretion, consider offering a partial or full refund. Such exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
3. If a refund is approved, the processing will be initiated within a certain number of working days, depending on the payment method used and the service in question. It’s essential to note that the duration for the refund to reflect in your account can vary based on your bank or card provider.
Limitation of Warranties
By using our website, you understand and agree to the following:
1. All Resources provided by flareevents.ca are offered “as is”, which means they are provided in their current state without any modifications, and “as available”, meaning they are available to you based on our current capacity and without any guarantees of continuous availability.
2. We do not represent or warrant that:
2.1. The Resources will specifically cater to your personal needs or requirements.
2.2. Your use of the Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, always secure, or free from errors.
2.3 All information you obtain by using our Resources will always be accurate or reliable.
2.4 We will correct any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources.
3. If you choose to download or obtain content from our website, you do so at your own discretion and risk. You are solely responsible for any damages to your computer system, loss of data, or other harms that result from such actions.
4. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from flareevents.ca or through our Resources shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this User Agreement.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
5. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
6. No information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from flareevents.ca or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as previously detailed, you agree to the following:
1. Any claim against Flare Events Inc. resulting from your use of our Resources will be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for those products and/or services.
2. Flare Events Inc. will not be responsible for:
2.1. Direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential losses or damages you may experience.
2.2. Losses or damages resulting from changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime.
3. You acknowledge and agree that:
3.1. Damages are capped to the amount you’ve paid for our services or products.
3.2. Any content or data you download or otherwise obtain through our Resources is at your discretion and risk. Flare Events Inc. will not be accountable for any damage to your devices or data loss resulting from such downloads.
4. Nothing in this agreement negates or limits our liability beyond what is permitted by applicable Canadian laws. This agreement adheres to and respects such local laws governing limitation of liability.
All content and materials available on flareevents.ca, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images, and logos, are the intellectual property of Flare Events Inc. and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Unauthorized use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display, or transmission of any content on this site, is strictly prohibited. Any use of the aforementioned content and materials, outside of exceptions provided by law such as fair dealing, requires the express written consent of Flare Events Inc.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice for any reason, including, but not limited to, a breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent, or abusive activity may serve as grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease. We also reserve the right to remove or delete any information you may have provided to us, including any account or login details, in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
This website is controlled by Flare Events Inc. from our offices located in the province of Ontario, Canada. By accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of Ontario, without regard to its conflict of laws principles and excluding the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will govern all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the federal or provincial courts located in Ontario, Canada. Disputes shall be resolved in the English language. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, Flare Events Inc. on “flareevents.ca” disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to, the implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.